Setting Overview: The Veiled Realms
about 1 year ago
– Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 06:02:36 PM
In this update, we'll reveal a little more about the fantasy genre side of the adventure setting.
Fall of Thalis
Years after the legendary heroes returned victorious from the Barriers, a war between the Principalities of Thalis resulted in a magical cataclysm that transformed the nation into a twisted wasteland of shifting landscapes. The land of Elsever, at the foot of the Barriers, became the a refuge for survivors who escaped the devastation.
The fallout from the conflict caused the collapse of the ruling body, leaving the people to fend for themselves. While survival was at the forefront, for some, the war would never be over.
The Veiled Realms
Using magitech artifacts scoured from the Barrier ruins, new domains rose from the wastelands. Concealed to the normal eye, these realms are connected by arcane gateways built along the Valley of the Ancients.
- Kammria: This collection of towns is built along floating landmasses connected by gleaming bridges. The primarch oversees the realm from a silver tower in the center of a secluded fortress.
- Arkenvale: Built from the remains of the immortal city of Arkendis, a cluster of towns runs along a lakefront. Beneath the townships is an underground metropolis where the gravity is inverted.
- Renvorith: North of the Barriers are the Icedarks, a mountain region where the rocky surface is made of a dark, crystalline rock with pale mists seemingly swirling beneath the surface. A multi-level city is built into the rock face. Near the top sits Astrafal, a rival magic school to the famous Hearthglow Academy.
- Evoseria: This realm covers a broad stretch of restored badlands. Lush forests and fields surround the Moonstar Mount, where the primarch and their circle of green wizards maintain the balance and defend the realm from the denizens of the surrounding wastes.
- Celes: Deep beneath the mountain chains, the twilight fey rule and guard this realm under the guidance of the primordial spirits that dwell here. At the edge of the realm are a maze of tunnels whose walls are etched with a living history of the world.
More to Come!
In our next setting overview, we'll present an overview of the Aldor Star System and the surrounding galactic regions.